Research has shown that people with heart conditions are more at risk from the COVID-19 virus.
Other medical conditions that put you more at risk include:
- Long term respiratory conditions such as cystic fibrosis, bronchiectasis, chronic obstructive respiratory disease, emphysema
- Untreated hypertension
- Untreated diabetes
- Immunosuppressive conditions
You may also be at more risk if you:
- are over 70
- live in an aged care facility
Symptoms can include:
- sneezing and runny nose
- a new or worsening cough
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- temporary loss of smell or altered sense of taste
- muscle pain or body aches
- nausea and vomiting
If you are feeling compromised and unwell, please seek medical advice from your primary health provider.
At Ascot Cardiology Group, we strongly suggest that you obtain the vaccinations for protection against COVID-19.
If you have any queries regarding COVID-19 immunisation please refer to the Ministry of Health website at www.health.govt.nz